Monday, May 4, 2009

What to do when the one you thought would be your forever has found forever with someone else?


Heather Headley said I wish I never met you… I wish I could agree but I don’t. The fact is that if this person is someone you truly loved then they came in your life for a reason. Having never met them can only mean one thing you would have yet to experience that special part of your life that person filled. I know to see them move on with someone else has to hurt, but if they do move on why haven’t you? What are you holding on to? I used to think that my first love was going to be my last love. I just knew the timing wasn’t right since we did meet when I was 15 and he was 16. He still needed time to ball out and do whatever men do.

Then I went to school and he stayed home I met new guys and of course he had different women. He would never forget to call me on special occasions and I’d try my hardest to do the same. The love was always and will always be there, but it never really came back to being about us. When I first came home from school, I had the chance to be his everything, but I chose to turn it down as the “timing wasn’t right.” Never forgetting that I know everything about him, and vice versa. I just knew that it wasn’t going to work no matter how hard I tried so why get my heart involved in something that in the end wasn’t going to be nothing but pain. Months turned into years he had a new girlfriend as I had “Friends” never wanting to admit to him that I actually had a man. Then it came… he told me that he thought she was the one and he might go and get a ring. I hear in the streets that people only call her by his last name! That stung deeply. I started to think what if… But I know what’s meant for me NO ONE can take. I know that; that is just not for me. I could never come between a happy home nor do I want to. I look at life differently as I get older. I do realize that what goes around comes around and I truly don’t want anything but happiness for his “new family.” At the end of the day that ship has sailed and although I had my chance there is nothing I would do differently. I am going to be happy with every choice I make, whether good or bad I know there’s lessons learned. My time coming with my man and I wish them the best.

No comments:

Please subscribe: