Thursday, May 21, 2009

D. Woods and again she's not saying anything



Soooooo Bossip had an interview with D. (never says anything woods) and she had so much of nothing to say. Does she really think her little solo project is gone do a thang? I know I won't be supporting it, and I also know alot of other people who won't either. I never had a problem with her until she started being so "real" and exposing people yet she never really gave any answers. She always wants to talk about being so real but has yet to give us anything. GIRL STOP! To read the interview she had with bossip make sure you click


Bossip: We spoke with Dawn a few weeks ago and discussed the whole MTB finale being a Dawn “hatefest.” Was it a hatefest?
D. Woods: I think that the finale was nothing like that. I do fell like if they feel like people or the different girls in the group were hating on her, then they were very misinformed because they don’t know the situation. They don’t really know her hand in the demise of the group and her involvement in it. Definitely some of the actions and they things that she said led up to the animosity. I really don’t hold on to any of that. But, it was very much of a betrayal. I would definitely say that if two people, three people, and then four people all have a certain feeling towards one person, then maybe that one person did do something and does deserve the things that are happening to them. The public is not stupid. They can see stuff like that. I don’t have to tell you everything that happened and everything that she did, because people can see. Real recognizes real. I definitely feel like me having to come back to the finale and have to sit there while they further fabricate the cause of how the group got to where it is now…I mean if were gonna talk about it let’s talk about it. But if you don’t want to hear the truth, then don’t ask me, and don’t ask me to come back and sit here while you continue to lie about me like you lied about me for an entire season and tried to depict me in a certain way. Like, we’re supposed to act like it’s all good and it’s true. Those are my feelings of the finale. I only had to show up because it was the last obligation of my contract.

Bossip: What made you try out in the first place?
D.Woods: I tried out for MTB because one of the producers that I was working with kind of convinced me to go do it. He was like what’s the worst that could happen. If they don’t pick you, in which they probably will pick you, then they’ll just remember you when were ready to shop your project. That was the whole point of my going in the first place.

Bossip: What’s the sound of your solo project?
D. Woods: I’m moving on with my sound. I don’t put myself in a box or label myself one thing. I’m a mixture of the things that I’ve been exposed to. It’s high energy, I guess you could consider it pop, because it’s not just urban. It’s not just any one thing.

Bossip: When are you releasing it?
D. Woods: I’m in the process right now of developing a whole rollout for my project. We’ll be releasing a single this summer. It will probably be the fourth quarter for the entire album.

Bossip: Who are you working with?
D. Woods: One of the main producers of the project, his name is Sound, and he’s out of Atlanta. We have a good chemistry and we’ve been working together for about two years now.

Bossip: On the earlier episodes of MTB, they tried to make you out to be the fat chick, when in reality you’re not at all. Do you still feel pressure in the industry to be a waif?
D. Woods: No, not at all. Especially because when that happened, that was the second season. The first season that I was there, we were in Miami and we were on the beach. I was running around in a bikini the entire time! I was never questioned. In fact, I was working the other girls out. I was pushing Aundrea along because she could go anymore. So, because I didn’t have a sob story, which they try to give you on the show, they had to find something where they thought that I would be vulnerable or feel insecure about.

Bossip: They basically conjured up a story to make you feel bad to get better ratings?
D. Woods: Yep. Because I didn’t feel bad at all. Like, the scene where I was standing there, and tears were coming out of my eyes, it was really moreso disappointment and feeling totally disrespected by the things that Puff was saying to me. The things that he said to me were very disrespectful and they didn’t even show all of it on TV. I was just like,’ I can’t believe this man is talking to me like this.’ I was trying to be respectful because I really didn’t know him. It was like the first week that we start working. I’m the tallest and my frame is different. I’m built more muscular. Out of everything that Puff could say about his new group, he chose to go negative. He had an opportunity to show how five different women could be beautiful in their own way. It was hurtful, especially to a Black woman coming from a Black man. It let me know the true type of person that I was working with.

Bossip: What’s your perception of Puff now?
D. Woods: I just feel like he’s a business man and that’s it. He’s in the business of television and he’s doing what he needs to do to make good television.

Bossip: What’s going on with the Girls Club?
D. Woods: We’re inducting new members all the time. It’s networking, it’s kind of like a sorority type of thing for the industry. It’s all about supporting your sisters and finding new opportunities… new ways to do things. Like a girl power type of thing. We have gatherings and meetings.

Bossip: What’s the process of getting in?
D. Woods: We feel people out. We bring you around the others. The founding members are myself, Mika Means & Chanel.

No comments:

Please subscribe: