Thursday, October 7, 2010

Randy Moss TRADED???



I just want to know why now and whats the real deal????
*Smooches*

Randy Moss is returning to Minnesota. The New England Patriots traded the seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver to the Vikings on Wednesday, giving Moss the exit he expected all along and sending him back to the place where he became a superstar, a person with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the transaction had not been officially announced.

ESPN first reported the deal was done, with the Patriots getting a third-round draft pick. Moss will go from catching passes from Tom Brady in New England to hauling in Brett Favre’s throws with the Vikings, who desperately needed a downfield threat after Pro Bowl receiver Sidney Rice had hip surgery in August.

Moss was a first-round draft pick of the Vikings in 1998 and spent his first seven seasons with Minnesota, where he emerged as one of the biggest playmakers in the league. He was traded to Oakland in 2005, where he languished for two years before being revitalized in New England.

Moss set an NFL record with 23 touchdown receptions in 2007, but is in the final season of a three-year, $27 million contract and has said several times that he expected 2010 to be his last season with the Patriots. He did not have a catch in a 41-14 win over Miami on Monday night.

“When you have done so much and put so much work in, it kind of feels like I am not wanted,” Moss said in September. “I am taking that in stride and playing my final year out and whatever the future holds is what it holds, but it is kind of a bad feeling — feeling not wanted. It is not like my production has gone down.”

Moss later backtracked from those statements, telling The Associated Press that he hoped to finish his career with the Patriots.

“I don’t even know what my fate is, and for me to be 33 years old, it’s like I’m held at bay, and that’s definitely an uncomfortable thing,” he said. “If this is my last year here, I want to leave as good as I came in here in ’07. I know that’s really hard to duplicate, but I don’t want the fans, the organization, coaches or my teammates to have a sour taste in their mouths about Randy Moss.”

No comments:

Please subscribe: